After recording TV shows on your TiVo box, you may want to transfer them to Galaxy S 2 for playing on bus, metro or train to kill those boring time. However, Galaxy S 2 can’t directly play TiVo shows, you need to convert them to Galaxy S 2 supported formats. Today I share my experience of converting TiVo to Galaxy S 2.
Step one, Transfer TV recordings from TiVo box to your PC
To start, please make sure you have installed TiVo Desktop Software on your computer, and your TiVo box is connected to your home network.
1. Launch TiVo Desktop on your computer.
2. Click “Pick Recordings to Transfer” A window showing your TiVo box’s “Now Playing” or “My Shows” list appears. If you have more than one TiVo box in your home network, their names appear in a pull-down list. Select the box that has the show you want to transfer.
Note: Shows that cannot be transferred due to copy protection restrictions are marked with a red circle slash.
3. Highlight any title in the list to see more information about the show—the same show information you have on your TiVo box.
4. Check the box next to the title of the show (or shows) you want to transfer.
5. Click “Start Transfer” While transferring shows, TiVo Desktop displays the status and the time remaining. Click “Transfer Status” to view details of transfers in progress. Transfer times vary, but may take as long as the show’s duration (i.e., up to one hour for a one hour show) to complete the transfer.
Note: If the show is part of a series, the “Auto-Transfer this Series” button
6. Shows you transfer to your computer are listed in TiVo Desktop’s “Now Playing List“. To reach the “Now Playing List” click “TiVo Recordings”
7. To watch a show, select any title from the list (even one that’s still transferring) and click “Play” Your computer’s default media player (in most cases, Windows Media Player) starts automatically. Refer to your media player’s instructions for more about playing recordings.
(Original from: http://www.tivo.com/mytivo/howto/record-once-watch-anywhere/howto_transfer_shows_pc.html)
Step two: Convert TiVo TV shows to Galaxy S2 supported video format
1: Run perfect Foxreal TiVo to Galaxy S2 Converter on your computer, and then add your transferred TV shows into it.
(Notice: Enter the Media Access Key of your TiVo recordings into the “Open < TiVo” of the program to quickly import your TiVo recordings.)
2: Select Galaxy S2 supported video format by clicking on “Format < Android < Motorola Droid (x) H.264 Video” to quickly get output format for Droid that can also be played on the Samsung Galaxy S2 with high quality.
click on “Settings” to open a profile setting window and set bitrate as 1500 kbps, resolution as 800×480 and frame rate as 30 fps to keep good balance between video quality and file size.
3: Convert TiVo to H.264 MP4 for Galaxy S2 by clicking on “Convert” on the main interface of Foxreal Video Converter. Once the conversion is done, you could transfer converted files to Galalxy S2 for playing.
Hopefully this article can help you Transcode TV Shows(.TiVo) to Galaxy S 2 in Full Screen, good luck!
- Easy Way to Stream and Play TiVo TV Shows on BlackBerry PlayBook in Full Screen
- Movies on PlayBook – Convert MKV/MTS/FLV/TiVo/VOB to PlayBook in Full Screen
- Convert MTS/M2TS movies to Galaxy Tab for Playback in Full Screen
- Play 1080P HD Video on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Full Screen
- Stream MKV, M2TS, AVCHD, VOB, MOV, AVI, TiVo Movies to Galaxy Tab with High Quality